TR4A Conversion to Rear Shocks

To: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Subject: TR4A Conversion to Rear Shocks
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:34:27 -0400
Message text written by "Guy D. Huggins"
>I am interested in converting my TR4A IRS from lever shocks to
telescopic.  I've seen several kits available on the market (Revington
TR, Quiller, etc.) and do not have the slightest idea as to which is
better or why.  Can anyone offer me any experience/opinions about which
one they went with and why?  Basically I am looking for some guidance.
<

I think the Revington's kit is the cat's meow but it does require some
modifications to the frame and trailing arm.  But since you have the body
off and will be taking the trailing arms off this may be a good time to
consider it.

I'm not familiar with Quiller but the kit now carried by Moss and Victoria
British which uses the single, welded up adapter bracket works quite well
and bolts right on with no mods.  This is the bracket that mounts on the
same bracket where the lever's were mounted and not the kit that bolts to
the inner fender.  Stay well clear of the latter.  Converting to this kit
can be done by removing nothing more that the wheel and the old shock.

Cheers

Dave Massey
71 TR6

Check out the new British Cars Forum: