Standard-Triumph engines

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Standard-Triumph engines
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:52:23 +0100
Friends

I've been cleaning up my hard disk of unwanted files for archiving and have
two files in MS Word format that *may* be of interest for Newsletter
editors?

A few years ago, I was asked to compile a history of the evolution of the
Wet Liner 4 and SC (small car) engine ranges for a major club. I wrote the
material after some quite detailed research, only to be later advised by the
Club mag editor that 1500 words was the maximum he could allow for each
engine article! Previously, I'd been told there was no word limit as the
material could be serialised. Well, whatever...

Currently, I can do two things. Either junk the material, or offer it to
other Club mag editors for their review and possible future use. Be warned -
the material is extensive. There are no photographs as these would have come
from the requesting Editor's archive, though some MS Excel supporting data
and the material size is as follows:

Standard-Triumph Wet Liner 4 is 14 pages with a 12,000 word count
Standard-Triumph SC (Small Car) material is 20 pages and 17,000 word count

I feel the material in both articles satisfactorily covers the evolution of
these two engines in the various cars in which they were fitted. I do not
feel they would benefit from editing to fit the profiles of cars that are
popular or predominant in any market as this will only devalue the content
in its own right.

If anyone is interested, I am creating a separate replies folder and will
mail out in one hit in about a week from this email date to anyone who
requests copies. After that, the material will be archived by me. The only
request I make is that in the event of later publication, my copyright is
acknowledged and a hard copy (not a .pdf file) of the magazine(s) in which
the material appears is sent to me for record purposes.

Jonmac

---