Re: Possible scam?

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com (Dave Massey), Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (TR List)
Subject: Re: Possible scam?
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:53:52 -0500
In a message dated 11/4/2004 11:01:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, Dave Massey
<105671.471@compuserve.com> writes:

>I received an Email about something called the "Encyclopedia of
>Associations: Regional, State, and Local Organizations (RSL)" about the
>local club's free listing.  Has anyone heard of this publication?  Is it
>legit?  Will anything untoward occur if I send off information to them?
>Will anything beneficial happen?

=======
Dave (said Andy, putting on his Librarian hat for a moment), if this is what I
think it is, it's perfectly legitimate. This "encyclopedia" has been around for
years and is found in most decent-sized libraries' reference sections. It is
safe; you will be able to operate heavy machinery, and your little dog will NOT
die. ;-) And there's even the slim possibility that a St. Louis-based Triumph
owner will walk into his/her local library, ask the reference librarian about
local clubs, and get contact information out of this encyclopedia.

--Andy Mace