RE: need sage advice re. front suspension re-do on TR6

To: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: need sage advice re. front suspension re-do on TR6
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:21:32 -0600 6.0.3HF125 | November 26, 2003) at 11/30/2004 10:21:33, Serialize complete at 11/30/2004 10:21:33, Itemize by SMTP Server on SMTPMTA1/i2Tech(Release 6.0.1CF1 | March 06, 2003) at 11/30/2004 10:29:57 AM, Serialize by Router on SMTPMTA1/i2Tech(Release 6.0.1CF1 | March 06, 2003) at 11/30/2004 10:30:00 AM, Serialize complete at 11/30/2004 10:30:00 AM
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks for the tips that several folks have sent me and especially for the
encouragement!    I think I will tackle the front end over the Christmas
holidays.

One further question for the list...   I have purchased a new steering
rack (with inner tie rods) and new solid rack mounts.   Is there any
special tips for replacing the steering rack?   Will I need to remove the
radiator, lift the engine, or anything else from the engine bay?  Or can
the rack be slipped into place with everything in the engine bay intact?

Thanks, Greg Hutmacher

"Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
11/29/2004 09:43 PM

<Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
RE: need sage advice re. front suspension re-do on TR6

Greg:

I've done both on my '70 TR6 and feel that if you have done the rear end,
you can certainly do the front!  It is pretty straight forward and by the
book.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6