Re: Headlamp flashers, fly-off brakes - origins (longish)

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Headlamp flashers, fly-off brakes - origins (longish)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:20:32 +0100 reply-type=original
One of the downsides of flashing headlamps is the difficulty of interpreting
the meaning of the flash. In some countries it can mean "get out of my way"
whilst in otheres GB for example it means "please go ahead."
I remember the practice of flashing high beam briefly before overtaking at
night from my earliest memories as a small boy before the war.

David Brister
1967 TR4A

"Not everything, I fear, improves with age"---Peter Sellars cc 1961.