Question about shipping large items.

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Question about shipping large items.
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:44:41 -0600
I want to thank everyone who responded to my dilemma with regard to selling
my 71 TR6 project and overdrive.  Most felt I would be best to part it out.
So that is exactly what I have done.  I knew that was right, but it helps to
have your support!  I spent a lot of time, money, and effort collecting
parts and having the OD rebuilt.  But if it isn't all together in a show car
condition, the package isn't worth anything.  (Or at least now what I have
in it.)  So I'll sell what I have for whatever it brings, clean out my
garage and then have room to work on my many other Triumphs that I still
have.  A loss in money is a gain in space!  :-)  There probably aren't very
many of us who couldn't use more garage space.  If anyone is interested, I
have 10 listings on eBay.  Item numbers: 4511266213, 451126255, 451126245,
451126259, 451126275, 451126287, 451126292, 451126303, 451126318, and
451126325.

My question is this:  If someone wants to buy something large like the
rebuilt overdrive & transmission or a set of wheels and they aren't close
enough to pick it up, how can I ship it?  How about something bigger like a
bumper or frame?  I've never shipped anything like that.  Until I learn I
have asked people to bid only if they can pick the item up or arrange for
pick up.

Creig Houghtaling
St. Louis, MO
---