RE: Electrical Question & Wiring Harness Update

To: "'TR'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Electrical Question & Wiring Harness Update
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:04:56 -0800 iBH15VAC006847
Cc: "Dan Masters" <DANMAS@aol.com>
>  1. On the top left side of the steering rack are 2 black ground wires
> sharing the same connector. What are these ground wires for and
> where is the other end?

One of them goes to a good body ground, and the reason they are fastened to the
steering rack is to provide a ground path for the horn button.  Sorry, I can't
help with the other wire or where the body ground is.

>  2. My coil is gold in color and the mounting bracket says Lucas Sport DLB
> 105. I assume it really is their Sport Coil BUT the DPO left the ballast
> wire connected to the coil which I didn't think the Sport Coil needed. So
> now I don't know whether to retain the ballast wire or not. Any
> suggestions?

The Lucas Sport coil comes in both flavors, but I believe the DLB 105 is the
one that does not require an external ballast.  I would suggest measuring the
resistance of the primary winding to be sure.  Around 1.5 ohms requires a
ballast, around 3.0 ohms does not.  You can't just disconnect the ballast wire
though, you'll have to provide another source of switched power to the coil for
the engine to run.

Randall Y