SU Rebuild

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU Rebuild
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:16:03 -0800 (PST)
The thing that seems to work for me is to polish the hell out of the dashpot
interior and carb body with steel wool or scotch pads to remove aluminum
corrosion and make it smooth as a babys bottom. I also polish the pistons,
needles and anything else I can get my hands on.You can slide the piston in the
dashpot and know when you have it. The climax is getting the jet centered just
perfect and the centering piece in the kit takes all the pain out. Synching the
carbs up is your reward for a job well done. It certainly doesn't hurt to have
a bottle of your favorite beverage present. Nothing particularly hard but very
enjoyable.        Joe Mato TR3