crazy tachometer

To: "chuck easton" <ceaston@oberon.ark.com>
Subject: crazy tachometer
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:33:38 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net iBHDYPAC026361
Message text written by "chuck easton"
>This summer the tach on my 71 TR6 started to oscilate like mad once I go
above
3000 rpm. Before I start pulling things apart, do any of you on the list
have
some words of experience? Is it likely the cable or the tach?
<

If you are lucky it is the cable.  I've never been so lucky.  Otherwise it
is the tach itself.  The delicate bearings in there wear out over time and
the instrument needs repair.  I've had several such instruments repaired
(one tach and two speedo's) with good results.  Costs about $100.

Dave