Steering Rack

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering Rack
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:05:47 -0500
Shaking each front wheel side to side on my TR6 produced a clunking
sound on the right side.  I traced it to the right inner tie rod end.  I
ordered TRF replacement ends and started installation.  I found that
although the end on the right side had some wear, I also can move the
rack side to side in the housing.  Hmmm.

What is the best course? A new rack? Replace the right side rack bush?
How is that done?

I might be leaning to a new/reman rack to be sure all components are to
spec.  Any/all comments are welcome.

John Gumkowski
'72 TR6
Vernon, CT