RE: Storing a project car in cold weather.

Subject: RE: Storing a project car in cold weather.
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 06:44:49 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> Any comments on using a water pump lubricant and corrosion inhibitor
> rather than changing the coolant.
>
> Zerex Water Pump Lubricant & Protector (Prevents Rust and Corrosion)
> for example.

The Zerex website (now owned by Valvoline) states :

"For the cooling system, antifreeze manufacturers recommend changing the coolant
once a year, and some service manuals stipulate flushing and refilling the
radiator every 24 months, regardless of mileage. "
http://www.valvoline.com/carcare/articleviewer.asp?pg=ccr20010501rm

I couldn't find any mention of the old water pump lubricant, which I suspect
means they dropped that product from the Zerex line.

Randall Y