Re: Weird TR250 hard top

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Weird TR250 hard top
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:16:06 EST
Hello Kai,

I agree with you. IMHO, that's not the most attractive top!

There are more pictures of it on eBay, including some interior shots. See
ended auction item #4514302375. It didn't reach the reserve bid, but sounds
like
someone might have made a direct offer.

The Dove was sort of an aftermarket fiberglass answer to the MGB-GT. It
provided seating for 4, so long as the rear seat passengers were children or
vertically challenged adults. The usual setup included a fold-down rear seat
that
increased luggage space a little, but the gas tank was replaced with a flatter
version that fitted down into the spare tire well, and the spare was relocated
on top of the tank, so the rear platform sat pretty high.

There were a modest number of "Dove" TR4s built (aftermarket). I've never
seen an installation on a 4A or 250/5, but I'm sure it could be done.

Even done right, I still have always found it a bit odd-looking.  This
particular top is different from others I've seen. The rear and side windows
are
smaller and the fake louvers aren't something I've seen before. The rear hatch
on
most is much larger and incorporates the window, unlike this top.

Not something I could see on my own car. Still, I suppose someone wanting
something very unique might have some fun with it!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/amfoto1/amfoto1.htm

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:06:10 -0500
From "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke at wishboneclassics.com>
Subject: Weird TR250 Hard Top

For those of us with eclectic tastes, this may be something to consider for
your TR250.  You can be sure this accessory is even more rare than a surrey
top!  Although aesthically, it is questionable addition...

http://tinyurl.com/69bmh

Kai