TR3A SU rebuild

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A SU rebuild
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:35:07 -0700
Well I am just about finished with my H6 rebuild ( I hope!).  I
managed to get everything cleaned (the biggest time-taker) &
reassembled.  I decided to wait till tomorrow morning to try the
restart & adjustments.  Before I do try the restart, I have three
questions.

1.  Based on memory of a long ago rebuild, I set mixture at 6 flats
open.  Is that in the ballpark??

2.  I noticed that when I pulled the choke full-on the jet assemblies
pulled out about 1/4 inch does that seem reasonable?

3.  I also noticed when the choke is full-on the jet assembly on the
front carburetor in noticeably further-out (about 1/16 inch) than the
rear.  Again does this seem reasonable.

Lesson learned:

One on the things I did prior to disassembly was to take digital
pictures of both carburetors from all 4 directions, printed them out,
& hung them over my workbench to help remind me where the exterior
parts go & the right orientation.  It was a big help both times.

I also copied the Moss page showing the exploded drawing of the H6 &
tacked it up above the work bench, which was also very helpful.

Thanks

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
5483 W Potter Dr