TR4A Differential Tips

Subject: TR4A Differential Tips
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:40:07 -0600
I got the bare chassis to the metal bath and hopefully will have it back in
about another week or so.
In the meantime, I am planning/researching the reconditioning of all the
undercarriage components.
The first thing I am going to tackle is the differential.  Before I tore the
car down, the diff was working fine,
so therefore I have no reason to suspect that anything needs to be done to
it, outside of cleaning it up,
checking the three oil seals for leakage, replacing the oil and repainting
the case.

When I reunite it with the newly reconditioned chassis, it will enjoy the
differential reinforcement kit
from Revington TR and poly mounting bushings.

Is there anything I can do to check the health of the diff?  Is there
anything else I should do that I have
not mentioned?  I have visions of me listening to it with a stethoscope,  as
I manually turn the drive shaft,
wondering if I could hear trouble inside.

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO
http://www.genfiniti.com/triumph/

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]