Re: Buyer Beware!

To: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@cox.net>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, DCTRA <members@dctra.org>, TTSCC <TTSCC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Buyer Beware!
From: Alex Cherington <a_flying_scotsman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:07:18 +0000 (GMT)
Hi, I just thought I would recount my recent Ebay
experience. I bought a used towbar,no ball or
electrics, for a great price. The seller then asked
for 4 GBP for packing. I said not to worry as even a
towbar couldn't be damaged by  a carrier. I was only
given one price which was way too much so I suggested
an alternative. The seller then said it was upto ME to
arrange courier collection and he wanted a payment to
wait in for collection. He also doesn't seem to
understand what he actually wrote in his own listing.

So I now have to take a NPB hit because I won't agree
to this idiot's extortion.

Yes I know I am supposed to ask before I bid, but the
description looked normal to me.

And of course Ebay are not getting involved.

So remember and ask the right questions such as :-

Does the wording in your listing actually make sense
to you the seller?

How many different ways will you try and boost your
take if you are unhappy with the winning bid?

Do you have any concept of your responsibilities as a
seller?

Etc, etc.

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com