RE: TR3A Fuel Gauge

To: "TR" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Fuel Gauge
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:30:40 -0800
> If I ground the sending unit side of the fuel gauge it should:
>
> a.  Read Empty
> b.  Read Full
>
> I think I have it working but don't yet have a good sending unit in
> place to be sure.  Thanks.

The TR2-3B gauge works the opposite of all the later gauges, grounding the
sender wire should make it read empty (or a bit below).

Note that the body of the gauge needs to have a good ground (again unlike
the later ones).  I believe the factory originally installed a ground wire
from under one of the thumb nuts over to the ground junction on the panel,
but it's missing from most cars.

Randall