GT6-3 Gearbox Removal??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6-3 Gearbox Removal??
From: "M. Secrest" <vze34wdb@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:29:36 -0500
All:

I should be playing golf today, but instead, I'm attempting to extract
my GT6-3 gearbox.

Prop shaft is out.  Exhaust is out.  Starter is out.  Tranny support
bracket is out (though rubber mounts are still on the box).  Passenger
seat is out as is the right side heater hose.  The tranny is sitting on
a jack and the input shaft is free of the engine.

Question is, how do I get the box turned now and out the door?  If I
slide it rearwards, as I have, the prop flange and tailpiece go under
the prop tunnel, and the rear can't be lifted.  Does the gearbox need to
go forward again?

The bellhousing doesn't seem to want to turn toward the passenger side
exit.  Hmm.

E-mail me direct if you have an answer ... thanks!
==
Martin Secrest
Arlington, VA
'73 GT6-3