TR6 speedo cable => Stag ?

To: "Triumph Stag Discussion Forum" <stag@digest.net>,
Subject: TR6 speedo cable => Stag ?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:10:24 -0800
Anyone know offhand if a TR6 speedo cable can be used on a LHD Mk I Stag
with J-type OD ?

I'm fairly certain the gearbox end is right since the Stag uses the same
angle drive as the TR6, but I don't know about the speedometer end.

The part numbers are different,  GSD169 vs 219168 (which is for a Mk II
Stag, hopefully my Mk I speedo is the same fitting) ... but maybe that's
because the TR6 cable is an inch longer ? (69 vs 68)

I know, I know, crawl under the dash & check ... but I'm hoping to avoid
that <g>

TIA
Randall