Driver seat TR3A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Driver seat TR3A
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:35:20 -0700
I am sorry I seem to be using a lot of bandwidth here over the last
couple of days.

I was looking at the driver's seat pan in the sun light today &
noticed there are cracks emanating out several inches in all
directions from the back bolt holes on both sides of the seat.  If
the seat were not covered I would braze some reinforcing metal there,
but since it is covered I was thinking I need someone with a arc
welder or a spot welded to tack the reinforcing materials on to the
bottom of the seat.

Is this a common problem??

Does my solution seem reasonable???

Thanks