Re: Newbie Questions

To: Mark <mini@nashvilletn.org>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:42:40 -0700
Mark wrote:

> Oil Filters, Does anybody know the part number for the filter used
> with the Moss Spin-Off filter adapter?  The one on the car is painted
> and I can't see the number.
>
> Spark Plugs, What is the choice these days, since original part
> numbers are long gone?  Mild Cam, headers, pair of HS6's, lots of
> compression.

Congrats, hope you enjoy the car. For oil filters, depending on what
parts shop I stop at, I use any of these on my TR4:
    Purolator PureONE PL20195 (Pep Boys)
    NAPA Gold 1516
    K&N HP-2009 (I think I got this from Moss, but my local Autozone
carries it)

For plugs, I used the original Champion plugs in my TR4 for about six months,
but now prefer NGK BP6HS for my driving -- mostly around town, short errands,
for four years commuting 30 miles/day in traffic. Most of my local NAPAs stock
the NGK's although the other chains don't and have to special order. For me,
Champions fouled more quickly than NGKs. My engine has a mild street cam and
larger liners but is otherwise stock.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO