Re: Dist. Vac. Line

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Dist. Vac. Line
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 22:11:03 -0500
On Thursday 07 April 2005 12:26 pm, Randall wrote:
> > ...  why don't I just leave
> > about  an inch sticking out of the Carb and run  rubber vacuum line
> > to the Distributor??
> >  Any  good reason not to do this ???
>
> I don't know of any good reason, Bill, except I dislike long lengths of
> soft line.  What I did was to replace the original line with new copper and
> a short length of soft line at each end.  Ran that setup for maybe 15
> years, never had a problem.  Makes it easier to remove the carbs too.
>
> Randall

List,

Moss now sells the original style line with the male fitting for the carb side
and the female for the dist. side. The line is copper and the fittings are
yellow brass. I think it is about $17.
This was N/A for quite a long time. I just picked one up for my 63 TR4 project
since they were in stock.  My TR3A still has the original line. No problems
yet.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1963 TR4