small screw thread size

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: small screw thread size
From: "Doug M" <dougm1000@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:30:54 -0700
Does anyone know what the actual thread size of the small fine thread screws
throughout the TR3a's.  I have some poor original door latch assembly screws
(Moss 323-515 or original part 500166) and it seems that the thread might be a
8-32 but my gut tells me it isn't - when I use a new 8-32 screw I don't like
the fit into the old threaded plates.  Help.

I think this thread is used on the door check assemblies also and likely in
other places that I must have had good screws to re-use.

TIA
Doug
1962 TR3B