transmission rebuilding books

To: "triumph listserv" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: transmission rebuilding books
From: "rudyeb" <rudyeb@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:37:41 -0400
I am ready to embark on rebuilding a tranny for a friend who owns a Sunbeam
Alpine and am wondering if anyone knows of a generic book that teaches how to
rebuild manual transmissions. I am quite able to tear any tranny down and put
it back together but would like some info on what to look for with regards to
wear  and how each part works. I have a full machine shop and have been
rebuilding machines for years but have never tackled a transmission. Any help
or guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rudy