Re: Speedo's - No, not the ones you wear

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedo's - No, not the ones you wear
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:54:12 EDT
Hi Johnnie,

Have you lubed the cable? A dry cable is often the problem with erratic,
mechanically-driven speedos, on TRs and other vehicles. Just be careful to not
overdo the lube. It can work its way up a cable and get inside the gauge,
causing
a mess and problems. Most often, it's best to lube from the "bottom" and try
to get oil or thin grease into the lower half, let the rotation of the cable
carry it up into the upper half. There are some handy oil "injection" tools
available at motorcycle shops.

Hope this helps!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
Over the last 35 years I've put up with a wavering and often an eratic
speedometer. After looking through the Moss Europe catalog I see a
Smiths electric tach, but not a speedo. Is there a company that makes
electric speedometers that will fit our TR's? I cruised the web but
didn't see anything.