73 TR6 High Perf Starter Wiring

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 73 TR6 High Perf Starter Wiring
From: "Ian Viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:53:17 +0100
I'm replacing the standard starter motor with a high performance unit (Edge
brand - came with no instructions) but I'm not sure about wiring. Original
has 3 wires/connections - battery, white/red (to ignition switch) &
white/yellow (to coil?).  New unit has 2 connections - battery and one spade
connector.  What do I do with the white/red & white yellow?  Connect one and
not the other??  Sorry about this, but electrics remain a mysterious subject
for me.  Any help will be gratefully received.  Thanks.
Ian Viles
1973 TR6