Subject: RE: Classic Car Mag

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: RE: Classic Car Mag
From: TRsick@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:28:00 EDT
Bear with me as I may have come in this late.
    The guy with the P1800 Volvo is "Famous Irv" from  Long Island NY. He
purchased the P1800 in 1966 I believe, he has about 3 million  miles on it (put
1600 miles on it the first weekend he bought it. He had rebiult  the engine
only once.
    He is a retired school teacher, but since the  publicity of his car, he
now works for Volvo traveling the country showing his  car & doing PR work for
Vovle. He is a great guy. Last year when my son  moved from Mass. to NY for
school, I gave my son our old 740 Volvo wagon. Once  in NY the car gave him
some
trouble. I went to a Volvo forum to ask for some  honest help so my kid did
not get taken. I got in contact with "Famous Irv". He  was unbelievable to my
son, helped him out & set him up with a Volvo tech  that did side work, even
drove my son to & from the repair shop &  offered to drive him to school. If &
when I get to NY to visu=it my son, I  have plans to meet Irv & take him out
for dinner.
    Go to Google & seach for "famous Irv", you will  see a ton of info on him
& his P1800 Volvo.
    Good Guy!
    Bob
_www.capecodbritishcarclub.org_ (http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org)