RE: TR4 Oil Capacity

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Oil Capacity
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:27:51 -0700
> My question, why does a TR4 have a larger
> capacity for
> oil, than later models?

Just one of the many ways the TRactor motor earns it's sobriquet.

One could also ask why the 6-pot motor only has half the thrust bearing
surface, doesn't have cam bearing inserts, and has a crank that flops about
horribly ... it's just not as solid a design.  Of course that's probably
appropriate for a "cheap" sports car motor ... I think we tend to forget
that these cars were built to a price point and compromises with cost were a
necessity.

Randall