RE: SU CARB FLOat Bowls

To: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Subject: RE: SU CARB FLOat Bowls
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 18:04:43 -0700
> does anyone know if either of these books show the differnt float
> bowl lids
> that were made for hs - 6 carbs.

Sorry, I don't.

> The reason for the question is my lids only have one tube  vs

How does the fuel inlet attach ?  Is it a push-on, or a banjo bolt ?  The
banjo-bolt lids take a special center nut, which accepts another banjo that
forms the vent.  These early carbs are actually slightly less apt to
overflow than the later ones, simply because the overflow is attached
slightly higher.

The Moss catalog has a drawing of the two different types.  I've attached a
clipping from it (which of course won't go through the list server).

> some newer ones
> that have two tubes; and i'am told that they can dump fuel on the exhaust
> manifold which is a real scarry thought.

But it's "as original" !
<G>

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Su
float lids.jpg]