Old Scam - New Twist

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph)
Subject: Old Scam - New Twist
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 20:44:04 +0000
Guys:
  I've just traded several e-mails from someone calling himself Arron Trotter,
from Herfordshire, U.K.  He was inquiring about my ad on the VTR web site for
Stainless Steel hardware kits.  When we'd worked out the kits he wanted for a
TR2 and the shipping to the U.K., he came back with the story about his
"associate" sending a postal money order for $1000.00, and I was to keep the
$150.00 for the kits and send the balance on to him.  Looks like the old car
buying (stealing) scam has made its way into the parts end of the hobby.
Beware!
--
Mark Macy
New Carlisle, OH