Request for help/information with 2 items!

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Request for help/information with 2 items!
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 18:28:50 -0700
As some of you know I am in the midst of a "near" frame off restoration on
my "new" TR250.

I have run into some design problems and/or parts availability issues!

1. What have any of you folks done to replace or renew broken squab springs
in the seat backs? Several of my springs on both sides of the passenger's
and the driver's seat squab are broken where they were either inserted into
the tubular frame member and/or where they were bent around the "edge" of
the squab wing itself. They are of course not available from any source that
I am aware of. I couldn't even find pictures so that I could find out the
correct names of the various parts so I wouldn't have to make the names up!

2. What have any of you folks done to add a modern CD/radio in the dashboard
support bracket? I am hoping to find a modern replacement for the period AM
radio that came with the car and also hoping that I can make the new unit
fit into the existing dashboard support bracket so it looks like it belongs,
rather than some hacked up installation. I am not worried about modifying
the bracket, only about how it will look and function when completed!

If you have any information regarding your been-there-and-done-that
experience, or if any of you have not yet been-there-and-done-that but have
some ideas as to how to address any of these issues I would appreciate any
and all comments!

Thank you all,

Jim Bauder
'68 TR250 (rolling chassis to the body shop Monday!)
Commission #CD47
Scottsdale, AZ