re: TR4 fog/driving light mounting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List), trjhhow7@cox.net
Subject: re: TR4 fog/driving light mounting
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 21:57:38 +0000
I have thought about this.  There ARE custom mounts, but I think some are
totally custom.

I have a photo I can dredge up from 2003 vtr national.

My plan is to use 1/4" steel bar (1.5" wide?) and make it come up off the back
of the bumper where the bumper bolts to its supports.  Alternatively the bar
can be bolted to the support itself.

It then is fabricated ffrom lengths of the bar welded or bent to position.  It
would need to curve around from the back of the bumper then turn to the middle.
 The width would be sufficient to seat the light.  The bar would come forward
sufficiently to allow clearance for the hood.  Or, stay behind enough to have
the hood clear.  Or stay low enough....

I would then send the complete, welded, ground and polished parts to a chromer
to make it really pretty.

I will look for the photos

-Tony