Re: TR4 Rollbar

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Rollbar
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:13:35 -0600
Craig Foch wrote:

> I am thinking about installing a rollbar in my TR4. I know Moss sells
> one, but it's about $340. Does anyone know of a less expensive
> alternative?

No roll bar. :) While technically not cheaper, I saw a roll bar setup I
liked in a recent Triumph World magazine. See
http://www.chpltd.com/triumph_world/bluetooth.html for the article.
Though shown in white, TRGB Ltd has stock of black and silver for
#149.95 plus ~#95.00 shipping to the U.S. I believe that's *each*, which
makes it very much not cheaper unless the dollar suddenly becomes
incredibly strong. Note that it's not tall enough for use in most racing
events where the bar must be higher than a helmet, but it does provide a
place to mount a full harness and it looks to provide as much protection
as the built-in bars in modern sportscars.

If you're installing the bar for racing, ask local racers for a shop
that can build one to suit their regs. Even if you match a vendor price
you'll save shipping.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO
'62 TR4