TR-watch at Cannes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-watch at Cannes
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 09:06:55 -0400
Hi the list:

I'm on punishment duty here stationed at the beach in Cannes for the
film festival. I thought I'd see a few LBCs or others, but little luck
so far. I've seen French, German and Italian machines of every marque
and age, however very few sporty British cars. However, today two nice
recent MGs zipped by. I will continue to watch for a Triumph of any
type.

In the meantime I sit glass-in-hand at the Canadian pavilion at the
water's edge. It's a lovely day. Looking across the harbour I note that
there are a few dozen small personal boats floating out there. Small
things like four-masted sailing ships the length of a football field and
motor-yachts that are just barely smaller than the cruise ship anchored
next to them. One 5-decker just slowly passed by and, opening a
seemingly small hanger port in the side near the waterline, launched a
tender boat for shore-going. I say small, but the tender was at least 25
feet long and the hanger could hold my 4-bedroom house in it. A
veritable flock of French jets in 2-level wingtip-wingtip formation just
flew around the harbour about 300 feet up (at maximum) leaving blue,
white and red smoke trails. On the second pass you could practically
read the pilots names on their helmets. Most amazing.

Alas, hardship threatens as I seem to be temporarily out of champagne
and my wife is loose somewhere in the town with a credit card. :^)

Cheers,

Mark