Clutch "staple"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch "staple"
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:49:28 +0100
I am about to fit up my recently acquired Borg & Beck clutch plate
and cover to the back of my TR2 engine, both bought separately on
E-Bay. As I was taking the cover out of its box, a little note fell
out explaining that there were possibly a number of staples located
on the fingers that needed to be removed, this operation being
carried out when the clutch is bolted in place and the load off the
fingers. The note mentions these staples were usually fitted to
spring  type clutches, but there are variations depending on type,
this is accompanied by a diagram of which I can make no sense. Is
this normal?, are these staples usually  to be found on Borg & Beck
clutches? and if so how do I go about removing them. Thanks in advance
John
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)