Re: VTR Site restriction

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR Site restriction
From: TRsick@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 10:23:55 EDT
Hi All:
    I also wanted to go on record to voice my  disappointment that the VTR
tech pages are now "members only".
    Just last week my neighbor purchased a 74 TR6. One  of the first things I
recommended (after this list & the 6pack) was that he  visited the VTR.org
site & consider becoming a member. When he called to  tell me about the
restricted pages, I thought he was mistaken!
    Rather than this restriction helping to "boost  membership for VTR". I
really believe it will hurt the VTR. I certainly  understand & appreciate the
great efforts of the VTR to maintain  the site & the value of the information.
But in all reality, is it not the  goal of VTR to encourage ownership & use of
our Triumphs all? In the long  run helping VTR & every other LBC club?
    Not only will the decision to restrict these pages  hurt the VTR
organization. It will also hurt the members who use the classified  sections.
As more
of the pages become restricted, less potential buyers &  sellers will visit
the VTR site.
    I also think of the future of our hobby. Don't we  want to encourage our
kids to keep our hobby alive? I can still remember (many  years ago) being 16
yo, scraping together a couple of hundred dollars to buy my  first Triumph. No
way could I have afforded another $20.00 to get information  that would have
helped me with my TR. I'm sure the same is true today.
    I too was a former member of VTR and REALLY wanted  to rejoin. My only
hold up was money, as I am in a tighter financial situation  than I was a
couple
of years ago, when I was a member.
    One can only look at all the much smaller clubs,  like Buckeye Triumphs,
CCBCC, GTA, NET and many, many much  smaller LBC clubs that don't have the
money and or resources. Yet they  continue to support our hobby & provide
information  (for FREE) to keep our hobby alive.
     I think the VTR is a great organization.  Please reconsider & allow us
ALL (members & non members) to benefit  from this valuable resource. At that
time I too will reconsider sending in my  renewal fees.
    Sincerely
    Bob Greene