Re: TR4 Hardtop

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Hardtop
From: Craig Foch <cbfoch@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:43:25 -0700
Alan Myers wrote on 25 May:

> It's not a bad looking top. I considered it, but was concerned the
> window
> might be difficult to replace. If you know of a source for a
> replacement, the
> price is right! It doesn't say, but I'd assume the top is fiberglass.
> There is a
> Canadian firm still offering a one-piece top that is very similar,
> perhaps the
> same item, I forget the company name but their website could probably
> be
> found with some Googling.

I'm not sure the price is right (ebay item number 4551683480). The
seller wants $200 to ship it, so even if it sells at the opening price
of $100, it is right up there with a similar hardtop in good condition
that sold for $305 on eBay a few days ago. (I bid $250.00)

I googled "TR4 Hardtop", but it did not turn up any companies still
making them. The closest I came was a one-piece fiberglass
"competition" hardtop (gel coat, no fittings, no photo) at Cambridge
Motorsports for 345 Pounds Sterling (about $628).

Craig Foch
San Luis Obispo, CA
1963 TR4 CT22268L