RE: Push Rod tubes

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Randall"
Subject: RE: Push Rod tubes
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 17:25:14 -0400
Randall,
Thanks for forwarding my email. Interestingly, when I showed the head to my
machinist, he said he could clean the head without destroying those tubes. I
have my fingers crossed! He is a pretty good guy and has been doing this
stuff for years and years. He had asked me if I wanted to mill the head when
I mentioned I had a set of 87mm pistons and I told him I would check with
you guys first. He had suggested taking off 0.050 which was the amount most
people had asked him to remove. I have no idea how that would effect the
valve train but maybe you or someone else had done this and could shed some
light on it.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt