Re: Chirping, shift boot & tuning

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chirping, shift boot & tuning
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:35:52 -0700 (PDT)
Bit of input. Every time I've heard chirping it's been the fan belt on any
vehic. Applied belt dressing, stick or spray and it's gone. Cheap to try &
don't hurt belt. Shift boot taken from a really great restorer now sadly
passed. While not approved for show comps, still looks great. He must have
make it himself. Leather or vinyl matching int. Had a zipper. Envision a
womans skirt. Gathered tightly at 'waist' and sewn is just under shift
knob. Bottom " hem" under a chrome 'washer' same size as rubber boot
w/holes to screw to tunnel. When fitted the zip is within a pleat, it
moves very smoothly and only needs dusting as opposed to rubber boot. On
tuning maintenance, can't imagine w/o a remote starter. The lister who
pushes his car to turn roter is more man than me but prob saves a fortune
on gym costs.
Ed
58 3a