more TR6 brake issues

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: more TR6 brake issues
From: "Paradise Music" <paradise.71@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:23:51 GMT
Ok then, gang, it looks like I have a bad brake booster, and probably a leaky
m/c.  That looks like about $500 if I replace them.  I can rebuild the m/c
easily enough; what about the booster?  Rebuildable?  I've not heard of it
being done, but that doesn't mean anything either, lot's of stuff I haven't
heard of, I'm sure.
  The next issue is fluif conversion.  Should I go dot 5?  Is it better?  Not
as good but easier to work with?  Should I go back to castrol?  Is there
anything involved besides draining the lines?  Any answers welcome, correct
ones prefered! :-)  Thanks in advance.
Bryan