RE: RE: Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure

To: <CarlSereda@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE: Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:22:43 -0400
Carl --

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had the pedal assembly out of the car when I redid the hydraulics, and
greased all of the pedal bushings in the process.  The pedals swing freely,
and return to full stop every time w/o the M/C attached. When the brake
system is in the "hung up" mode, there is noticeable free play in the brake
pedal. When I tap the pedal, the free play disappears as the pedal returns
to the full up position. I don't think there would be any free play if the
pedal linkage was sticking.  I'll still check, just to be certain.

FWIW, I noticed this sticking when I was bleeding the system, as well.

Another lister suggested that DOT5 causes the seals to swell.  The kit was
new from Moss, so I assume it was the latest seal material, but that
explanation seems to make the most sense.  I can imagine that swelling seals
would have a greater effect with the cylinder filled with fluid under
pressure than on the bench.

Dean