Re: SuperCharged Noise

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SuperCharged Noise
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:04:54 -0700
Bill & Skip Pugh wrote:

> This is a new  one on  me,  I am hearing  a whine very much like a
> supercharger when revs come up (1957 TR3)

I'd second the generator guess and add that the water pump is also
suspect.  My H2O pump made started making a similar noise.  Easy to
diagnose as noise went away with belt off, came back when I rigged a
nylon rope belt from crank to pump.  Once I turned the pump by hand it
was obviously not a smooth spin.

Geo Hahn