Re: More fan mounting questions

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More fan mounting questions
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:59:41 -0700
My solution was a little less hefty, but it's working so far. Of course, my
fan came out of an old Mercedes, or so I was told by the guy I bought it
from at the swap meet, and it didn't have any mounting hardware. First thing
I did was run a bead of silicone caulk all around the diameeter of the
housing and let it dry. That was just so I wouldn't have any metal on metal
rubbing against the radiator. Then I used cable ties in appropriate places,
first wrapping the tie around the fan housing and putting the end through
the radiator. On the other side I used a nylon washer and the end of another
cable tie as a "nut" to hold it in place. I think in one place I used the
cable tie more like a ubolt, going through the radiator around the fan
housing and back through with 2 nyoln washers and tieing the end off as
above.
Cable ties were standard equipment in 1960, weren't they?
Bob