Re: Tr3a (and TR4) speedos

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, davidt@opentext.com, jlynn604@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: Tr3a (and TR4) speedos
From: scharfr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:09:42 -0400
Greetings all:

  To add one more data point to the TR3/4 speedometer thread, I have a
TR4 with a speedometer calibration number of 1184. For what it's worth,
it is spot-on accurate at 35 mph, according to those radar feedback
signs that the police occasionally place on our roads. I'm using 165/15
Cooper SportMaster tires but can't say, offhand, what axle ratio I have.

 Bob Sharp
 Michigan
 64-ish TR4

 Subject: Tr3a speedos

http://triumphowners.com/resources.cgi?articleID=111194&parentID=111193&sectionID=111025

  >FWIW, the TR2/3/3A Spare Parts Catalogue lists only two speedometers:
one