TR4A Road Spring Spacers and Fulcrum Pins

Subject: TR4A Road Spring Spacers and Fulcrum Pins
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:21:51 -0500
I'm beginning the front suspension part of restoring the TR4A.

One thing that is not clear to me is determining if I need road spring
spacers or not.
What is the calculus used to determine if one needs spring spacers?
Are there any sources I could go to that might tell me based on my
commission number?

Also, I've gotten conflicting data on the proper orientation of the
upper fulcrum pin on the suspension turret.
Before I took it off, the flat side was on the outside of the car.
I look in the Bentley Manual, and they show it towards the inside of the
car.

Since it can't be both, which is it?

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins