vent moisture?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: vent moisture?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:10:42 -0400
Hi,
Can you please send me replies directly as I am still receiving this
inconsistently.

Over the many years my TR3A has developed 8-10 holes from corrosion  on the
bottom rear edge of my spare tire compartment but out-of-view.
Moss catalog calls it a 'closing panel' (855-765 and shown at

http://mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29155&SortOrder=55
as 28a)  on the 'rear trunk panel'.
     I guess that covering this panel with one solid piece is the way to go,
however, should I leave any opening for trapped moisture to drain.
Apparently, this is what has happened in the past.

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
TR3A