CLEAR? was Paint Color Thoughts

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: CLEAR? was Paint Color Thoughts
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:06:22 -0400
Terry,
Ya know what?  I wanna leave my 60 TR3A the same as it is right now.  No
paint!  It's even a little rusty... and I even wish I could show it off that
way!

Vintage.  It shows character!!!  It makes people envy.  New...and they'd
think it could be a replicamobile.  "Hey, is that a kit car?", kids might
ask.

Originally, mine I think was spa white.  I might even leave the small crease
in the front apron.  It makes her look like she cut her lip.

But I wonder, is 'clear' POR-15 really clear?  What would happen if POR-15
stays exposed to the sun?  I could respray it every couple of years.  Could
some other product work?????????????

What do folks think about this radical break?
Different strokes for different folks,
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey