Re: Car covers, factory seconds, anyone remember the link?

To: RX74EVR@mchsi.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car covers, factory seconds, anyone remember the link?
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:09:54 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/2005 9:03:15 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
RX74EVR@mchsi.com writes:

Last  year there was a topic on here about a company that sold factory
blemished  or seconds car covers,

Paul, I don't know what condition your cars are in, but beware of  leaving
them outside with a cover for very long.  I bought one of these  covers, sorry
don't remember the site, a few years ago and put one on my  TR4.

After about 3 years I got around to taking it off and found that sand from
the sand storms common here had blown under the cover, and the cover flapping
in  the breeze had sanded spots down to bare metal.  I'll admit it did a nice
smooth job of it, but I was not happy.  The only thing the TR4 really had
going for it was a new paint job that will have to be re-done now.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4
73 MG Midget
94 F150
03  Beetle

To model our political system upon speculations of  lasting tranquility, is
to calculate on the weaker springs of the human  character.
---Alexander  Hamilton