RE: Spitfire distributor

To: "'Roger Elliott'" <elliottr@rmi.net>,
Subject: RE: Spitfire distributor
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:35:16 -0700
I don't know which SU setup you used (and I am not familiar with the
European 1.5 inch ones), but the Mk3 setup uses a vacuum advance whereas
the ZS carb setup and its distributor use a vacuum retard setup.
Obviously there needs to be some adjustments done to make such a swap.
In my cars, I simply used a dizzy that was designed for the Mk3 when I
put that setup on a 1500 engine.

Joe