TR3 U-joint-How Do You Get To The Front Zerk?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 U-joint-How Do You Get To The Front Zerk?
From: bbrewer@qnet.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:30:33 -0700
     I decided to grease the driveshaft U-joints on my TR3. On the front U-joint
I took the little rubber plug off of the top of the transmission tunnel, but
man there is no way that I can get my grease gun onto the zerk fitting. I even
tried underneath, which was even worse.
     Is there a special tip that you can get for the grease gun? Maybe I need a
different zerk fitting. My grease gun is the standard "mini" design with the
smaller cartridges.
     As it is now, it looks like the only way to get to the fitting is by
taking
off one end or the other off of the driveshaft to move it around to get more
clearance.
     Any ideas to help me out on this one?
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer