RE: TR3 Pertronix Questions

To: <bbrewer@qnet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Pertronix Questions
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:29:16 -0400
I shortened mine with no problems.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of bbrewer@qnet.com
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 10:13 AM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Pertronix Questions

     Has anyone tried shortening the leads on a Pertronix electronic
ignition?
In the past I've just looped the wires and tied them with an electrical tie.
Looks like hell (like spaghetti), but I was afraid to cut the wires to try
crimp on different spade terminals on the end. Has anyone tried this?
     While we are at it, ISTR I had trouble setting the timing with the
Pertronix using the "Ken Gillanders static method" and eventually just set
the
timing by feel. Any tricks (other than a timing light, which Gillanders says
is
inaccurate) to setting the timing with Pertronix?
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA